IT Quiz (106)
TCS IT Wiz, India's biggest IT quiz for schools, started in 1999, celebrated its 10th anniversary in 2008. The quiz, in the last decade, has become a benchmark in the inter-school quizzing circuit for the level of research, the intensity with which teams compete and the sheer numbers that it draws.
Entry and Eligibility
- There is NO entry or registration fee.
- Students from 8th to 12th Std. are eligible to participate.
- Multiple teams per school (2 members per team) will be allowed to participate.
TCS IT Wiz 2013 was conducted by Quizmaster Giri Pickbrain across 14 different cities in India and one city in UAE, The following is the document which contains prelims questions of TCS IT Wiz 2013 for all regions.
P.S: Users can download this file from here: http://on.fb.me/1lItbUW
TCS Tech Bytes 2013 Mangalore Regionals was conducted in Srinivas Institute of Technology, Mangalore on April 4th 2013. I thank Nakul Kamath for sharing prelims questions with us.
1. ____ is the use of computers and computer networks to promote political ends, chiefly free speech, human rights, and information ethics.
2. ____ is a form of cybersquatting relies on mistakes such as typographical errors made by Internet users when inputting a website address into a web browser.
3. Identify this Personality.
A. S Ramdorai
4. Google India brought which iconic market online as part of its 'India Get Your Business Online' initiative?
A. Chandni Chowk
A. Clippy (Microsoft Office Assistant)
1.QWERTY & Dvorak simplified are types of what in a computer?
A. Keyboard Layouts
2.What was formerly known as "Jerry and Dave's Guide to the World Wide Web"?
A. Yahoo! Inc
3.With which company would you associate the products Dynamics,Azure,Xbox,Surface & Bing?
A. Microsoft Inc
4.With which company would you associate the name TIM COOK?
A. Apple Inc
A. Light Emitting Diode
TCS Tech Bytes 2014 Tumkur Regionals was conducted in Birla Auditorium,Tumkur on 2nd April,2014. Students from Tumkur, Chikkaballapur, Kolar, Bangalore Rural, Bangalore North & South were participated in this level. I thank Sharath and Pavan for sharing prelims questions with us.
1. Salman Khan is the brand ambassador for which popular travel website?
2. He coined the term “Artificial Intelligence” and also he developed Lisp Programming Language. Identify?
A. John McCarthy
3. It was originally released as a powertoy for the Tablet PC launch on November 7, 2002. The program is a screen-capture tool that allows taking screenshots of an open window, rectangular areas, a free-form area, or the entire screen. Identify the application?
A. Snipping Tool
4. This company declined a cash offer from Facebook of $3 billion to acquire the company, its an popular photo messaging application developed by Evan Spiegel and Robert Murphy. Identify?
5. Identify this Google Doodle?
A. Sochi Winter Olympics