IT Quiz (102)
TCS Tech Bytes 2014 Tumkur Regionals was conducted in Birla Auditorium,Tumkur on 2nd April,2014. Students from Tumkur, Chikkaballapur, Kolar, Bangalore Rural, Bangalore North & South were participated in this level. I thank Sharath and Pavan for sharing prelims questions with us.
1. Salman Khan is the brand ambassador for which popular travel website?
2. He coined the term “Artificial Intelligence” and also he developed Lisp Programming Language. Identify?
A. John McCarthy
3. It was originally released as a powertoy for the Tablet PC launch on November 7, 2002. The program is a screen-capture tool that allows taking screenshots of an open window, rectangular areas, a free-form area, or the entire screen. Identify the application?
A. Snipping Tool
4. This company declined a cash offer from Facebook of $3 billion to acquire the company, its an popular photo messaging application developed by Evan Spiegel and Robert Murphy. Identify?
5. Identify this Google Doodle?
A. Sochi Winter Olympics
The Board of IT Education Standards (BITES), an autonomous agency promoted by Government of Karnataka in association with IT industries, and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), a leading IT Services, consulting and business solutions organization, initiated the TCS TechBytes program in the year 2010.
The program is an initiative to help engineering students keep pace with the evolving technology landscape - in the process enhance their lateral thinking process and inculcate the spirit to compete and excel. The quiz serves as an alternative platform to enhance awareness and confidence levels of aspiring engineers while bringing them in sync with the current developments in the technology sphere through an interactive and engaging quiz platform. “TCS TechBytes” strives to provide a better understanding of IT as technology today is an enabler in diverse fields – be it engineering, medicine, law, sports, science, movie, music, government, automobile, telecommunication, etc
Rural IT Quiz 2013 National Finals conducted by Tata Consultancy Services and the IT department of Karnataka, at Jnana Jyothi Audutorium, Bangalore. Quizmaster Giri Pickbrain conducted this National Finals. I thank Sandeep Rao and Kaushik for sharing questions with us.
National Finals Part 1:
TCS IT Wiz 2013 Mega Finals was conducted in Taj Lands End, Mumbai on 15th December,2013. Quizmaster Giri Pickbrain conducted two semi finals followed by Mega Finals.
Mega Finals Video :
National Rural IT Quiz 2013 Round 1 was conducted in schools and colleges all over Karnataka on September 2013.
1. What was created by Dr. August Dvorak to replace the QWERTY version?
a. Keyboard b. Touch Screen c. Scanner
2. Which of the following is commonly called the IC?
a. Ink Case b. Image Controller c. Integrated Circuit
A. Integrated Circuit
3. The headphones used in computer are an example of what type of device?
a. Input b. Output c. Storage
4. Which of these is not from Apple?
a. ipod b. Windows c. Iphone
5. Find the odd one in the following three
a. Tablet b. Phone c. Printer