IT Quiz (104)
TCS Tech Bytes 2013 Mangalore Regionals was conducted in Srinivas Institute of Technology, Mangalore on April 4th 2013. I thank Nakul Kamath for sharing prelims questions with us.
1. ____ is the use of computers and computer networks to promote political ends, chiefly free speech, human rights, and information ethics.
2. ____ is a form of cybersquatting relies on mistakes such as typographical errors made by Internet users when inputting a website address into a web browser.
3. Identify this Personality.
A. S Ramdorai
4. Google India brought which iconic market online as part of its 'India Get Your Business Online' initiative?
A. Chandni Chowk
A. Clippy (Microsoft Office Assistant)
1.QWERTY & Dvorak simplified are types of what in a computer?
A. Keyboard Layouts
2.What was formerly known as "Jerry and Dave's Guide to the World Wide Web"?
A. Yahoo! Inc
3.With which company would you associate the products Dynamics,Azure,Xbox,Surface & Bing?
A. Microsoft Inc
4.With which company would you associate the name TIM COOK?
A. Apple Inc
A. Light Emitting Diode
TCS Tech Bytes 2014 Tumkur Regionals was conducted in Birla Auditorium,Tumkur on 2nd April,2014. Students from Tumkur, Chikkaballapur, Kolar, Bangalore Rural, Bangalore North & South were participated in this level. I thank Sharath and Pavan for sharing prelims questions with us.
1. Salman Khan is the brand ambassador for which popular travel website?
2. He coined the term “Artificial Intelligence” and also he developed Lisp Programming Language. Identify?
A. John McCarthy
3. It was originally released as a powertoy for the Tablet PC launch on November 7, 2002. The program is a screen-capture tool that allows taking screenshots of an open window, rectangular areas, a free-form area, or the entire screen. Identify the application?
A. Snipping Tool
4. This company declined a cash offer from Facebook of $3 billion to acquire the company, its an popular photo messaging application developed by Evan Spiegel and Robert Murphy. Identify?
5. Identify this Google Doodle?
A. Sochi Winter Olympics
The Board of IT Education Standards (BITES), an autonomous agency promoted by Government of Karnataka in association with IT industries, and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), a leading IT Services, consulting and business solutions organization, initiated the TCS TechBytes program in the year 2010.
The program is an initiative to help engineering students keep pace with the evolving technology landscape - in the process enhance their lateral thinking process and inculcate the spirit to compete and excel. The quiz serves as an alternative platform to enhance awareness and confidence levels of aspiring engineers while bringing them in sync with the current developments in the technology sphere through an interactive and engaging quiz platform. “TCS TechBytes” strives to provide a better understanding of IT as technology today is an enabler in diverse fields – be it engineering, medicine, law, sports, science, movie, music, government, automobile, telecommunication, etc
Rural IT Quiz 2013 National Finals conducted by Tata Consultancy Services and the IT department of Karnataka, at Jnana Jyothi Audutorium, Bangalore. Quizmaster Giri Pickbrain conducted this National Finals. I thank Sandeep Rao and Kaushik for sharing questions with us.
National Finals Part 1: