The Board of IT Education Standards (BITES), an autonomous agency promoted by Government of Karnataka in association with IT industries, and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), a leading IT Services, consulting and business solutions organization, initiated the TCS TechBytes program in the year 2010.The program is an initiative to help engineering students keep pace with the evolving technology landscape - in the process enhance their lateral thinking process and inculcate the spirit to compete and excel. The quiz serves as an alternative platform to enhance awareness and confidence levels of aspiring engineers while bringing them in sync with the current developments in the technology sphere through an interactive and engaging quiz platform. “TCS TechBytes” strives to provide a better understanding of IT as technology today is an enabler in diverse fields – be it engineering, medicine, law, sports, science, movie, music, government, automobile, telecommunication, etc.
National Rural IT Quiz 2014 Round 1 was conducted in schools and colleges all over India in the month of August and Septmeber 2014.
1. In November 2013, which word was announced as being the "word of the year" by the
Oxford English Dictionary? (a.Selfie b. Tweet c. Doodle)
2. What is a unique string of numbers separated by full stops that identifies each computer using the web to communicate over a network?(a. USL code b. IP address c.URL address)
A. IP Address
3. Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari and Explorer are all types of what?(a. Anti Virus b. Search Engines c. Web Browsers)
A. Web Browsers
4. If one presses ‘Ctrl+Z’, what is it a shortcut for?(a. Copy b. Undo c. Paste)
5. How many ‘Enter’ Keys are there on a standard computer keyboard?(a. 1 b. 2 c. 3)
TCS IT Wiz 2014 Bhubaneswar Edition was conducted in PAL Heights, Bhubaneswar on 12th September,2014. Quizmaster Giri Pickbrain conducted prelims followed by Stage Finals.
TCS IT Wiz 2014 Bhubaneswar Edition Stage Finals Video :